11/7/09

In which our blogger gets oddly riled up about nothing important

Look, you guys -- I'm not a coffee snob. I'm really not. I figure if I can enjoy a burger from Sonic as much as I enjoy a burger from Shake Shack, or a Bud Light on game day as much as a craft beer at a brew house with good friends, then there's no reason I can't admit to occasionally savoring a road-trip coffee from Dunkin' Donuts as much as a handcrafted, manual-brew microlot coffee at an incredible coffee shop. And that's really how I feel.

But really? Isn't this going just a bit too far?



To add insult to injury ("injury" in this case being that this is an artificial ingredient designed to simulate a drink that has done nothing but drive the average consumer that much farther afield from truly good coffee), the website for this stuff includes a recipe that calls for 1 tbs of chocolate syrup in addition to the 1/4 cup of Caramel Macchiato creamer. AND SPRINKLES.

That isn't coffee -- it's a 6-year-old's birthday party.

Why do I care about this? I don't actually know: I'm usually pretty live-and-let-live (or "Live and Let Die") about all things food and drink related, and this is such a silly thing to get in a bunch about. So what's up with the sudden ire, Meister?

Should I calm down and let flavored creamers lie? What do you think?