8/23/10

Sweetness, in 10g intervals

Oh, hello. Hi there. How's it going? Good, that's great to hear. I'm glad you're well and keeping busy -- me too! You know, this-n-that. What's that? What's new with me? Well, you know, not a whole lot: Just celebrated my second anniversary of working with Counter Culture Coffee, and recently started writing for Serious Eats a bit in my downtime…

Oh! And I got this great present I can't wait to tell you about! It's the sweetest little coffee scoop; my best friends got it for me while they were visiting Japan!

Doesn't it just make you want to scoop the heck out of some beans, 10g at a time? It does me. I want to scoop them straight into my perfect little Hario hand grinder and crush them beyond recognition, and then I want to extract the living daylights out of them until there's some delicious magic going on in my cup.

It also makes me wish I could read any Japanese at all, so that when I shared the link from whence this scoop came I could at least tell you something about the company or the website or, well, anything relevant at all.

In any event, I think it was one of the sweetest little things I've ever gotten in the mail. Happy (early) birthday to me!

21 comments:

nevers said...

that's so pretty! and, hand-crank burr grinder?! i didn't know there was such a thing. wish list.

The Nervous Cook said...

@nevers: The grinder is amazing! If you're at all inclined to have a small, portable coffee grinder (very high quality, very consistent, very durable and totally adjustable) I highly recommend the Hario Skerton. They're not very expensive at all!

Eric Hancock said...

That is fantastic. I want one!

online pr said...

Nice and interesting thing to share on your blog!

Laurent said...

What a fantastic coffee scoop! I'd love to have one, where did you buy it?

Karin said...

Very cute scoop...actually, just this morning I was saying that I need to get my co-worker a scoop for our coffee...she just pours the coffee in and ends up making it way too strong.

If you need interesting yet inexpensive coffee mugs, you should check out Splendids

Best said...

Love the Hario Hand Grinder. I can't recommend it enough. Mmm coffee.

Adam from Best Coffee Machines and Coffee Grinder Reviews

Anxiety Cures said...

This is a great find.

Kuahana Kona Coffee said...

I'd love to try that scoop for our Kona coffee! Where can I get it?

AsderC said...

Bea-uti-ful...now what you need is a coffee mug...a special one.

Love Coffee Co. said...

Oh my that's awesome. I love dark wood utensils for use with anything to do with coffee. So rustic, I love it!

Review Coffee Machines said...

Woah! awesome scoop you got there.

- Kay
Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine blogger.

Coffee Cook said...

I love this, it looks like it works very well. I don't have a grinder, so I just use pre-ground coffee. It's a lot fresher if you buy the beans and grind them yourself.

www.coffeeall.com

London Accountant said...

That's really lovely, an aesthetic object you can sit there and admire as well as a useful one!

Cheoy Lee said...

I like the look of this, rustic yet modern somehow.

green mountain coffee k cups said...

Nice and interesting thing to share on your blog!

cheap coffee k cups said...

The grinder is amazing! If you are in any respect inclined to possess atiny low, transportable occasional grinder. I highly advocate the Hario Skerton. they don't seem to be terribly expensive at all!

Joseph said...

That hand crank burr grinder is pretty legit! More power to you, can't say I have the same level of dedication.

Peacock Tea and Coffee said...

Gourmet coffee is expensive; it’s not always easy to find quality coffee at affordable prices

Mobile wedding hair and makeup Brisbane said...

Great scoop. Thats a nice idea for a gift. Nice of your friend to get it for you.

Photography Guy said...

That is a lovely scoop, would look wonderful in the kitchen!