10/22/06

Buzz, buzz, buzz

Last week, I taught my first to-the-public class -- an informative, if rambling, little number about caffeine and some of its fascinating nuances.

It felt really surprisingly good to be standing in front of people who are eager to learn about coffee, giving them what they want. Especially when they're not baristas, just average Joes (if you will) who drink and appreciate the stuff that is my livelyhood at the moment. Very rewarding stuff.

And then, two days ago I had the pleasure of meeting some of the people who are moving and shaking the coffee world these days, including Intelligentsia's Doug Zell and Murky's Nicholas Cho. While it was a little unnerving to be asked if I were the Press Pot (this blog is so embarrassingly trivial and self-indulgent), it was a real pleasure to get to make them some coffees and see some smiling faces. Hi, everybody I met the other day! Sorry my blog is so lame!



Also, there's still time to sign up for The Caffeine Question, the second session, this Thursday at Joe!

The Caffeine Question: What caffeine is, how it works, and what it means for your body.
Joe, the Art of Coffee
141 Waverly Place btwn 6th Ave & Gay St.
(212) 924-6750
7:30pm, $10