10/7/06

This thing on?

Not that anyone is clamoring at the gates of Meet the Press Pot, but I do apologize for the inactivity over here lately. You know, "Life happens," and whatever other platitude I need to pull out in order to be excused.

In the meantime, let's talk coffee!



First of all, we are featuring a beautiful Yirgacheffe at one of the stores this week, and I had my first sip of it in a long while today. Oh, good heavens was it ever wonderful. Absolutely explosive lemon and berry notes, but such a soft, smooth body. I literally thought about it all day. It's like the meringue pie of coffees!

Second of all, the class I'm teaching is sneaking up on us! Here's some info!

The Caffeine Question: Coffee, Caffeine, and Your Health
10/19 or 10/28 @ 7:30pm
Joe, the Art of Coffee -- 141 Waverly Pl (between 6th & 7th Aves)
$10 (space is limited, so call ahead)
212/924-6750 or email gabrielle@joenewyork.com

Third of all, I'm headed to Los Angeles in November on a strictly-for-fun trip, but wonder if there's anything in the way of coffee out there. Any tips? Hints? Undiscovered oasises?