9/17/06

We've got class

One of the most exciting things about my new position as trainer/co-head barista is that I get to teach one of the classes we have for the public in the next couple months -- "The Caffeine Myth and the Health Affects of Coffee." (I'm sure I'll post a reminder about it closer to the date, so put away those planners for now, my friends.)

Aside from the training I do, I've never really taught anyone about coffee before! Naturally I'm a little nervous, but I think it will be pretty fun. G-d willing.

Anyway, we have a couple other classes in the works, and while mine isn't unil mid-October, starting this Thursday, my dear friend & coffee comrade Amanda is teaching "Espresso 101: How to Make Yourself an Espresso (Big) Shot."



Class details:
Sept. 21 and 28, 7:30pm
Joe @ 131 Waverly Pl (btwn. 6th Ave & Gay St), Manhattan
(212) 924-6750, pre-registration required -- space is limited
$10

Participants will learn about espresso grind, dosing, tamping, pressure, temperature, taste and texture, and will be invited to pull their own shots on the store's two-group Synesso.

Neat! Come by! It'll be caffeinated and informative!